In 2019, important regulatory legal acts were taken for Russian TV channels.
We want to remind you of the most significant provisions so that you can plan your activities in 2020.
Thus, the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 29.03.2019 No. 363 "On Approval of the State program of the Russian Federation "Accessible Environment" defines the main measures aimed at ensuring access to information for the hearing impaired in the format of television programs. Among them are:
- broadcasting of television programs with hidden subtitles on all-Russian mandatory public TV channels;
- ability to prepare hidden subtitles in real time.
In addition, the document specifies the specific number of hours of produced and broadcast subtitles for subtitling television programs of all-Russian mandatory public channels, which by 2020 should amount to at least 13,365 hours of subtitles per year.
- materials of TV shows - at least 1 month from the date of airing;
- TV programs containing election campaigning - at least 12 months from the date of the release of these programs on the air;
- advertising materials - within 1 year from the date of the last distribution of advertising.
These regulations can be found in Article No. 34 of the Federal Law "About mass media" and Article No. 12 of the Federal law "About advertising". The Smart Air software solution, thanks to its new functionality, allows you to monitor compliance with the above-described legal norms in detail. We have added the ability to calculate the duration of subtitles within a single broadcast day. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org